Yes its true.
I won’t try to hide it,
I wont deny it,
Yes I do have heat damage.
After contemplating for some time if that’s actually what it was, I looked at some of my old pictures and some of my new. My wash N Go then and my wash N go now and I concluded that my experiment was effective.
I used the BabyLiss Nano Titanium Pro on my hair at 450 degrees. Now I know that hair burns at that level but being the risk taker that I am, I decided to go for the gut and the goal and see what would happen. Well now that I have, I can safely say that if you do decided to buy the babyliss flat iron, don’t set it that high. Lol . I have never had heat damage all over from a flat iron. The temperature and those titanium plates did it for me. I know what my hair can handle and what it can’t from now on.
Below are various pictures of my wash n go from the past 3 years
Now do you see what I mean?
Yea I know right! I’m not about to pull my hair out over it though lol.
I have been asked this question time and time again but you do not have to BC in order to recover from heat damage, you can but im not. I choose to grow it out and baby my hair. Now mind you, heat damage is not reversible. The protein in my hair has been weakened.
- Get rid of THAT particular flat iron (done)
- Protective style way more i.e yarn braids, wet buns, sew-ins, mini twists, braids
- Blow dry no more than twice a year ( if I even decide to do this)
- Regimen will consist of 2x protein treaments a month, deep conditioner, 2x a month, moisturize and seal 3x a week, clarify once a week, oil rinse 2x a month , cowash once or twice a week
- Cut down on parabens and silicons ( got a little carried away with it)
Did you notice I said absolutely nothing about trimming? Well that’s because I just did a little trim on my hair and since it will be put away 99% of the time, there is no need to go hacking away at the ends of my hair just cuz I “feel” like I need a trim.
Im excited though! I get to go on a new journey!
See look how much i love yall
I risk my own head so yall can no better so with that being said keep the ninja comments to a minimum
SEE ALSO: How I Helped My Client Regrow Her Edges In 6 - 7 Months!