If you want amazing skin and long healthy hair and you haven’t added wheatgrass to your diet and beauty regimen, what are you waiting for? Wheatgrass has been used for centuries because of the amazing benefits for our overall health and beauty. It contains essential vitamins, amino acids, magnesium, potassium and vitamins A, C, E, K & B which are amazing for hair growth. Learn more
Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant. Like most plants, it contains chlorophyll, amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and enzymes. Wheatgrass is a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin B6, iron, zinc, copper, and more. It can be consumed or applied topically for both health and beauty benefits.
Here are just a few of the many benefits of wheatgrass for our skin and hair. As with any supplement, consult your doctors before adding wheatgrass to your diet.
- Reduce Appearance of Scars – Wheatgrass juice is said to help rebuild damaged skin when topically applied to an affected area for 20-30 minutes before rinsing clean.
- Treat Sunburn – Wheatgrass is also said to accelerate the healing process of sunburned skin when applied with a cotton ball to the affected area. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing and patting dry with a towel.
- Get Rid of Acne with the Best Treatment for Hormonal Chin Acne – Wheatgrass can regenerate skin cells and can help clear your complexion. Take a wheatgrass supplement or juice straight daily to help get rid of acne, you need to check out the H warts review is basically a healing oil that contains homeopathic ingredients of the best quality.
- Heal Skin Irritation – Topical application and consumption is said to comfort and soothe skin irritations due to the high alkaline nature of wheatgrass.
- Healing Properties – Due to its antiseptic properties, wheatgrass is said to treat skin wounds and help them heal faster. It can heal bruises, insect bites, rashes, sores, cuts and scrapes.
- Get Rid of Dandruff – Topical application of wheatgrass juice can help to balance the pH of your scalp which can reverse scalp conditions, dandruff, and dryness.
- Treatment of Itchy Scalp – Wheatgrass can also treat itchy scalp.
- Reduces Grey Hair – Wheatgrass is also said to revert grey hair back to its natural color.
- Reduce Hair Loss – Topical application of wheatgrass can help reduce hair fall. Prepoo with wheatgrass juice for 20 minutes and then shampoo.
- Promote Hair Growth – Wheatgrass is said to rid the skin and scalp of dead cells, while allowing newer, stronger ones to grow. You’ll notice healthy hair growing from your scalp and with less hair loss than before.
How to Use Wheatgrass
The wheatgrass plant can easily be applied to smoothies or juiced and taken alone as a shot (not for the faint of heart). You can also find wheatgrass powder or supplements for sale.
Here are two awesome smoothie recipes:
Pineapple-Wheatgrass Green Smoothie
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1/2 shot of wheatgrass or 1/2 packet of powdered wheatgrass
- 1/2 peach, pitted
- 1/2 cup pineapple, cubed
- 4 ounces of filtered water
Orange Wheatgrass Smoothie Recipe
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup fresh wheatgrass* OR 1/4-1/2 teaspoon wheatgrass powder
- 2 oranges or 4 tangerines
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup ice