I have been natural since 2009 and I have never regretted it. It has taught me some unexpected things about myself that I want to share with you all. I hopes those who are transitioning will get to experience all the wonderful things you are going to learn about you hair 🙂
- I had no idea how to take care of the hair I was born with. When you’re relaxed and your hair is straight all the time, there isn’t much you have to do to it style wise. Detangling is a breeze, and if you’re feeling lazy you can just throw it up in a ponytail. That is NOT the case now. The biggest struggle will be the detangling process.
- My hair made me a healthier person. My dad always tried to instill healthy eating habits into his children, as well as holistic methods, but it wasn’t until I went natural that I really understood why. If you’re not eating right, your hair will not thrive. If your not exercising, your hair will not thrive. It takes you caring for yourself from the inside out
- People are rude but they don’t mean to be. I have had so many people try to randomly touch my hair. I’ve learned that these people are just amazed by my tresses so I should really take it as a compliment.
- If you find a product that works, stick with it. When I first transitioned I became a product junkie. I spent a small fortune on hair products, but I have no clue why. What was in my closet already worked fine. So I just started sticking to what works.
- I can no longer take straight hair. Since going natural straight hair just seems so BORING! If I do straighten my hair, which is literally once in a blue moon, it stays like that for about a day. After that I need some texture! I’ve become a stickler for curls and texture, and I absolutely love it.
This post was sponsored by You Be-Natural, the naturally safe and effective product system designed for every step of your hair journey. You Be-Natural available online and now in select Sally Beauty Stores nationwide. Follow You Be-Natural on Twitter and Facebook for more natural hair inspiration.
You Be-Natural Website: http://www.youbenatural.com
You Be-Natural Twitter: http://Twitter.com/youbenatural
You Be-Natural Instagram: http://Instagram.com/youbenatural
You Be-Natural Pinterest: http://Pinterest.com/youbenatural
You Be-Natural Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/youbenatural
You Be-Natural Facebook: http://Facebook.com/youbenatural
You Be-Natural Store Finder (including Sally Beauty stores): http://ow.ly/SV27e