This post is sponsored by Target.
Did you know that people with darker skin are less likely to protect their skin from the sun?
While our beautiful melanated brown skin does offer some SPF protection, it is not enough to fully protect us from the sun’s damaging ultraviolet (UV) rays, which are the leading cause of skin cancer. Summer is right around the corner so you’ll want to get a jump on your skincare routine now before it gets too hot! Also another way to protect your skin and also look beautiful is through the best microblading, check more at https://www.instagram.com/microbladingdallastx/!
Good news – you can limit your chance of premature aging, wrinkles, discoloration, fine lines, sagging skin (or a loss of elasticity), and cancer by simply augmenting your beauty routine by incorporating products with SPF protection from Target and of course, you can always use medical aesthetics treatments once in a while.
5 Easy Ways to Incorporate SPF into Your Beauty Routine
1. Moisturize & Protect
– Use a lightweight face sunscreen that offers SPF protection.
Suggestion: Bare Republic Mineral Face Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30
– Find a light, non-greasy formula broad-spectrum primer that includes ingredients like titanium dioxide and zinc oxide that protect against UV rays. Skip the primer if you opt for tinted moisturizer.
Suggestion:Neutrogena Healthy Skin Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 15
3. Tinted Moisturizer or Foundation with SPF
– Find a full coverage foundation that will reduce dark spots, cover blemishes, and protect from UVA/UVB rays.
Suggestion: Laneige BB Cushion with SPF 50
– Skip the foundation and use a sheer broad-spectrum tinted moisturizer that is lightweight and offers SPF protection.
Suggestion: Sonia Kashuk® Radiant Tinted Moisturizer With SPF 15,
4. Powders and compacts
– Using a finishing powder can help with SPF protection as well. Not only are they great for reducing shine, but they also add an extra layer of protection to keep your makeup in place. The suggestion below doesn’t contain SPF, but if you already used a primer or moisturizer with SPF, this will help reduce shine and give you a sun-kissed glow.
Suggestion: SheaMoisture Illuminating Powder
– Lips are one of the most targeted areas of your face when it comes to UV rays and are often forgotten when it comes to SPF protection. Protect your lips by using a moisturizing SPF-enhanced lip balm underneath your lipstick.
Suggestion: Sun Bum Lip Balms or Sonia Kashuk® Satin Lipstick
Find your style @targetstyle.