Auburn Hair Color, who’d a thought! This is the EXACT hair color I was going for! It’s a much deep auburn hair color than your traditional auburn. It leans more towards brown which is exactly what I was going for!
I ended up mixing a brown and a reddish color together because I wanted my brown to really pop! And baby does it pop! Yes I did the color myself and it took me about 2 hours. I had previously henna’d my hair so i pretty much had to bleach that out which is not something that is commonly done for a brown hair color. The color came out wonderful but with color comes responsibility!
I have taken some serious steps since i colored my hair to make sure my mane stays healthy. Strawberri has been thanking me for it and showing off in the process. Here is an update on my natural hair regimen since I’ve added the auburn hair color. I do this regimen about once a week or twice a month depending on how my hair is styled
- Sulfate free shampoo – I do this about once a month. I have been using AG Hair Smooth Sulfate Free Argan Shampoo. It’s great for my hair and hair that has problems retaining moisture. It’s very thick and a little goes a long way. It’s infused with Argan Oil and is great for my color treated hair
Mega Moisturizing Deep Conditioner -Eden’s Body Works All Natural Deep Conditioner has been sent from heaven as far as i am concerned. It is so moisturizing to my locs and keeps them hydrated. I love the fact that it’s organic and it can be found at walmart! That’s a plus for me! I usually mix it with olive oil to lock in the moisture and deep condition at the same time. I love it.
- Cowashing - Tresseme naturals, will you marry me? If you haven’t read my review on this, check it out here. I love this conditioner!
- Steam Queen -I have revisited my long neglected hair steamer. I haven’t seriously sat under that thing for months…until i put this color in. As a matter of fact, my color was processed using the hair steamer. How you ask? Not letting that one go! Hey i have to keep some things to myself!
- No Heat Hairstyles – Believe me, I am all about versatility and I see nothing wrong with putting heat on your hair when you know what you’re doing but I’d decided I was taking a very long break from heat. Now that I have this auburn hair color in, that’s definitely true. No I’m not afraid of the heat because I know how to use it, I just prefer to stick to my heatless regimen. It’s been working out pretty good but we will see how long that lasts before i start to get bored.
- Trim, Trim, Trim – Ok maybe this bullet point is a bit exaggerate. Because i haven’t been using heat on my hair, I’ve only trimmed my hair in the past 6 months about once and that was today. At the beginning of the year I’d cut about 1 in and 1/2 half off but you can’t even tell because it grew back so fast! I only trim more often, when I plan on using heat more often, which I wont be doing.
- Moisturize and Seal – This has definitely been my best friend lately. I use Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade on my hair to seal and water to moisturize it. Yes, keep it simple. I do this about 3 times a week
- Last but not least, Protective Styles -Not having to do my hair for 2 weeks to a month? Where do i sign up? I have been protective styling like crazy! Lately my go to styles have been wet bunning and twists.That’s it. I make sure my ends are heavily sealed and I go about my business!
The funny thing is, I really wasn’t going for this Auburn hair color but it’s more brown than red so I am ok with that. I guess i am not considered “natural anymore” since coloring my natural hair. HAHA! Yea ok. I don’t even want to get into that.
Any questions for me? Let me know in the comments below!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram as well! Instagram: Strawberricurls
Latest posts by StrawBerriCurls (see all)
- 6 Beautiful Natural Hairstyle Tutorials for 4C Natural Hair - March 30, 2015
- 4B Natural Hair Journey | Angela - March 27, 2015
- 7 Amazing Natural Hairstyles Using Steam Rollers - March 25, 2015
Powered by Facebook Comments